Dental Crowns & Bridges in Arkansas
Dental crowns and bridges are restorations used for missing or decayed teeth. Dr. Ted Pinney provides beautiful, high quality crowns and bridges that can bring back the health, function and beauty of your smile. Crowns and bridges are one of the most tried and true methods of dental restoration, so you can rest assured that your teeth will look natural and feel great!
Whether you need a crown or a bridge, our advanced technology and highly trained staff is equipped to provide you with the care you need!
Crowns cover or cap severely damaged teeth. Your dentist in Jacksonville, AR may recommend these tooth-colored restorations to:
- Restore broken teeth
- Support a weak tooth
- Fill the gap left by lost teeth
- Repair badly damaged teeth
- Cover and protect teeth after root canal therapy
- Change the appearance of a tooth
- Replace worn or failing restorations
When a tooth has become too weak that it can’t be repaired by fillings, onlays or inlays, a crown is used to restore and support the remaining tooth structure. A crown is also an integral part of a dental implant. The implant serves as a tooth root and the crown is used to cover it, creating a stable and natural-looking replacement tooth. To place dental crowns, Dr. Pinney takes out the decay and then bonds the crown to the remaining tooth.
Bridges are fixed dental appliances that cover the gap left by missing teeth. What can bridges do?
- Bring back chewing ability
- Restore the appearance of your smile
- Improve speaking ability
- Keep surrounding teeth from shifting
- Maintain and support your face shape
- By filling in lost teeth, bridges also help distribute bite forces properly
A bridge is composed of the abutment teeth (crowns on either side of the gap) and the pontic (the replacement teeth that fills in the gap).
Request An Appointment Now